Mental health and taking care of your body.
*Information provided for educational purposes only*
*Not Medical Advice*
There are several recommended ways to improve your mental health. The ability to think clearly is one of the most important things you need for positive mental health to flourish. Taking care of your body is one of those ways.
However even if you take care of your body, results will very. These suggestions are not miracle cures and may not help you. Hopefully, some people will benefit though. The following list are suggested ways to take care of your body to improve your mental health.
- Eat nutritious meals. If you cannot eat nutritious meals seven days a week, try eating nutritious meals a couple times a week. No one is perfect. You will feel your health and your mental health improve with time.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is a vitally important for your body’s health.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes. If you get yourself on a weekly exercise routine, researchers have seen a decrease in depression, anxiety, and improve moods.
- Avoid smoking, vaping, and alcohol. These products alter the body's chemistry in a negative way that is harmful to your mental health.
- Get enough sleep. Researchers are still unclear about how much sleep is enough for each individual. Around 5-8 hours of rest should be enough for most people though? It is crucial to get sleep because research results have shown that the lack of sleep contributes to a high rate of depression. So, it is important for your body to rest and recharge. That is clear.
If you cannot complete everything on this list list, that is ok. At least strive to complete a few items. You will see and feel a difference both in your physical health and your mental health.