Emotions are hard to control, and emotions are very intense at times. It would be nice to dial down or dial up emotions when they occur. Unfortunately, we do not have a physical dial to adjust, but we can do our best to control our emotions effectively with real world use.
If you don’t here are some mental health issues that can develop:
*This list is not all inclusive*
- Substance abuse
- Sleep issues (too much or too little)
- Uncontrollable Stress
So how can I try to control my emotions? Below are some suggestions:
- Accept and get comfortable with your emotions
- Learn to effectively express yourself
- Take time or space to yourself
- Take a minute to step back and breathe
- Replace your negative thoughts
- Find time to explore your emotions
Emotions are not straight forward and are very difficult to control in the moment. However, if some of these tactics are implemented, it should personally help. If nothing works for you, professional help should be sought. As always, we hope some of this information is helpful to you.