HOUSING HELP SERVICE – Monetary Assistance & Support
Click here to get your FREE informational packet today!!!
ELDERLY: A person 55 years of age or older
DISABLED: Anyone determined to be disabled by the federal government, anyone who receives disability payments, or anyone who is a DARS client.
HOURS: Monday through Friday 8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday 10am-7pm
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please follow directions. Thanks!
EDL is a housing help service charity, so what do they do?
- Provide possible monetary assistance to lower income elderly or disabled individuals, “if chosen.”
- EDL offers many resources on its social media pages (Addresses located at the bottom of this page).
- EDL is an online organization. Please no phone calls. Contact us via email.
- Raise and contribute funds for early childhood education.
Why register and does it cost money?
- You can get assistance, “if chosen.”
- No, it does not cost money to register.
Do I need to be a resident of Texas to receive help?
- No, all U.S. citizens are considered equally.
How do I register?
- Click on the register+ tab
- Fill out required information OR
- Register with the popup tab
What does monetary assistance mean?
- If you are “chosen,” EDL helps pay a portion of your bill(s) or all of your bill(s) for that month.
- No requirements, no strings, and no waitlists. As a charity, we are here to help.
- No appointment necessary. Just register then email us. EDL will do the rest.
Do I qualify for assistance?
- If you are elderly or disabled as defined by this website, Yes.
- A definition is provided above.
- NO help will be provided to those who don’t qualify
How do I get assistance?
- Register THEN
- Email EDL your story at: email@example.com. Please include bill amount.
- If you are “chosen” to get assistance for that month, we will contact you via email or phone by the end of that month (please check your junk folder for emails).
- If you have not heard from EDL by the end of the month, please contact us on our Facebook page, Google+ page, or website. THANKS.
- Also monthly recipients will be posted on our website, Facebook, and Google+ pages.
- Click to Learn More
Can I get assistance every month?
- No, assistance is only for newly registered people. It is not permanent.
- A person can only receive assistance from EDL one time, once per year.
What if I don’t get chosen?
- Re-apply, Simply email EDL again the next month at firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your email as Re-application.
For more resources please visit us on our Facebook or Google+ page(s).
- https://www.facebook.com/elderlyordisabledliving (Facebook)
- https://plus.google.com/+Elderlyordisabledliving (Google+)
*EDL is an online organization
EO Credentials – IRS Exempt Organization Number 46-4186130
IRS Exempt Check Link: http://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/forwardToPub78Download.do